The Fort Sumter Tour is a must-do attraction for large groups visiting historic Charleston, SC and her environs. Not only is the Fort Sumter Tour educational and informative, it is a great way to get ‘out-on-the-water’ and see historic Charleston’s stately mansions from the waterside perspective. It is likely they will see friendly dolphin accompanying the boat while underway in Charleston’s harbor. 2017 Schedule
Fort Sumter Tours can efficiently and comfortably accommodate school groups, reunion groups, corporate groups, tour groups and all others that would like to experience this historic national park.
- Fort Sumter Tours offers a discounted rate for any party of 15 or more.
- Group tours can only be arranged through the company’s sales office.
- Fort Sumter Tours requires at least 5 business days notice for any group reservations.
- Please note, if your group is visiting during the Spring it is strongly recommended reservations be made with further advance notice.
Call (800)789-3678 or use the Group Request Form
|Group Ticket Prices|
|Seniors & Military||$17.50|
|Children under 3||FREE|
|School Group Ticket Prices|
|Teachers & Chaperones||$19.50|
|Children under 3||FREE|
GROUP TOUR QUICK ANSWERS
- All Rates and Trips are subject to change and availability
- Complimentary Fare Policy: 1 complimentary fare for 20-39 paid fares, 2 for 40-99 paid fares,4 for 100 or more paid fares
- Fort Sumter Tour is 2 ¼ hours, includes taped historical tour of the harbor and a 1 hour self-guided tour of the fort
- Rates are subject to change and space is limited (Please note that space is extremely limited between March 29th and April 12th)
- Group rates available for groups of 15 or more only
- Reservations are required at least five days in advance
- All groups must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to tour departure time, failure to check in on time may result in cancelled reservations
- Payment due prior to or at boarding, school checks and credit cards accepted (No Purchase Orders accepted)
- No individual payments can be accepted for group reservations
- Snack bar available on all tours- Lunch options including hot dogs and the SpiritLine Box Lunch are available, preordering and prepayment are required, please call Group Sales for details (Note these are not available on Fort Sumter Tours in Peak Season)
- Teachers and Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their students, bad behavior may jeopardize future reservations- Visit the National Park Service’s website for a Teacher’s Guide http://www.nps.gov/fosu/forteachers/index.htm
- Discounted rates for January & February “education beat” at 11:00am
The Fort Tour has limited accessibility for the disabled and those with mobility issues.
Departure from Liberty Square in Downtown Charleston: The elderly and people with mobility issues are encouraged to use the departure point at Liberty Square which offers the best access. The tour boat is equipped with an elevator and handicapped accessible restrooms. The boarding ramp can accommodate electric & manual wheelchairs and scooters except in extreme tide situations. Although the restrooms on Fort Sumter are accessible only by a climbing a flight of stairs the tour boat remains at the Fort so that restrooms on the boat are available during your visit. **
Departure from Patriots Point in Mt Pleasant: Limited accessibility from this departure point. Due to changing tide conditions your visit to Fort Sumter will require a minimum of 4 steps and may require as many as 20 steps. The elderly and people with mobility issues are encouraged to use the departure point at Liberty Square which offers better access. Although the restrooms on Fort Sumter are accessible only by a climbing a flight of stairs the tour boat remains at the Fort so that restrooms on the boat are available during your visit. **
**Please note the Fort Sumter Tour is a boat excursion dependent on changing weather and tide conditions, Fort Sumter Tours cannot and does not guarantee accessibility. Please call 843-722-2628 the day of your tour to verify accessibility.
Fort Sumter Tours is proudly owned and operated, for over 50 years, since 1961, by a local Charleston family with generations of maritime heritage. Fort Sumter Tours is an authorized Concessioner of the National Park Service, Department of the Interior, operating the only commercial U.S. Coast Guard approved boat transportation to Fort Sumter National Park.
*Rates are subject to availability and change without notice.